Pie+ is a simple and useful tool that helps you to measure the relative size of objects or to split objects into equal pieces. You can also use it to measure out parts of the whole objects or volumes and estimate parts ratio accurately.
The application is easy and intuitive to use: point your camera at an object and use touch screen to measure. It also has built-in help menu with a short explanation how to use it.
You can use this App in different situations. For example you can cut a pie, pizza or something else in equal parts. Sometimes it is difficult to do by sight especially if you need odd number of pieces (5,7 or 9). It can be also helpful while cooking to measure out certain part of the volume, e.g. 1/3 glass, or cut something with a certain ratio.
This App can be used in every situation where the relative measurement is important:
1. Tap inside/outside the circle to increase/decrease number of pieces (N).
2. Align circumference of an object with the circle on the screen.
3. Use drawn lines to split the object
1. Use drawn line to split area of a circle with certain ratio:
(a) - left part, (b) - right part, (c) whole area.
Bars-mode1. Tap inside/outside the circle to increase/decrease number of bars(N).
2. Align circumference of an object with the circle on the screen. 3. Use drawn lines to split the object
1. Use outer circles(vertical lines) to define boundaries of the whole object or length (c).
2. Use inner circle(line) to divide the object or length with a certain ratio:
(a) - left part, from the left boundary to a dividing point;
(b) - right part, from the dividing point to the right boundary;
*you can see (a, b, c) meaning on the Ratio-mode icon in the menu (screenshot above)3. Check ratio data in the upper left corner. Numbers above the circles show a ratio relative to the whole object or distance considered as a unit length.
Part and Ratio Mode results in the upper left corner are shown as approximate fractional numbers with accuracy 1/10. More accurate results (1/100) are shown as a real number with two digits after period next to the measurement lines.
11/03/11: v1.2.1 - Bars-mode is added, the app is free now.
11/12/11: v1.2.2 - Possible bug fixed.
03/23/12: v1.2.3 - Possible bug fixed.
03/13/13: v1.2.8 - Change circle radius in Pie Mode.